The emergence of Twitch TV has heralded a new step in the evolution of the gaming market, by enabling players to record live gameplay and broadcast this to a network of followers. This is part of a rapid and relentless evolution, which has seen desktop and mobile gaming thrive on innovation and overpower the once dominant console sector.
This trend is unlikely to abate any time soon, as the rigid and costly nature of console gaming continues to fail in the wake of more flexible and immersive mobile experiences. With cross-platform gaming technology also making a more diverse range of titles available on the desktop, video games are continuing to lose their market share.
More Articles ...
- AT T's latest smartwatch for kids is both easier and tougher
- Ghosts in the room? It's just your frazzled brain
- Cute robots make good filmmakers and maybe better companions
- A colony on Mars will be the 'next giant leap for mankind'
- Virtual reality has a future beyond video games, and it's already started