This great looking unit weighs just over half a kilogram, but also comes with an ultra slim 0.2mm aluminum plated QWERTY keyboard, which does not add to the device’s weight or thickness.
We'd love to bring you a review on this svelte beauty and see how it compares with the latest Flybook we reviewed.
Check out the details below.
For immediate release
Revel in Your Work and Life with the Fujitsu LifeBook U1010 – World’s smallest* tablet-convertible UMPC in the Palm of Your Hands
Superiority knows no boundaries with the Fujitsu LifeBook U1010, a sleek ultra mobile PC packed with features meant for work and leisure. Celebrating Fujitsu’s debut into the UMPC market, this remarkable mobile entertainment device is the perfect personal companion for professionals on the go. This mobile computing breakthrough doubles up not only as a portable computer but also as a digital media player.
Sydney, Australia, July 04, 2007 – Fujitsu PC Australia today proudly launches its first ever ultra mobile PC series, the futuristically-inspired LifeBook U1010. Created explicitly for the tech lover, mobile executives and field professionals, this small wonder ends your search for the ultimate mobile entertainment device. Bundled with optimum capabilities in its svelte frame, this compact gadget is set to impress!
Staying true to Fujitsu’s thin and lightweight motto, the LifeBook U1010 weighs just over half a kilogram, thanks to its high density mounting technology and lightweight, 0.3mm glass LCD screen. But don’t be fooled by its petite frame. This mini powerhouse can handle multiple operational possibilities like watching movies and listening to music, viewing and editing documents, video-conferencing as well as surfing the Internet – all that you can do on your hand-held, tablet and notebook PC! What’s more, it comes with a newly designed, ultra slim 0.2mm aluminum plated QWERTY keyboard, which does not add to the device’s weight or thickness. The U1010, world’s smallest in its class , is among the very few UMPCs which has such an astounding feature.
An even greater delight is the device’s convertible, swivel form factor – a first in the UMPC market – which gives you the flexibility of using the LifeBook U1010 like a hand-held, tablet or notebook PC. To top things off, it has a Palm Resistance touch screen that allows your fingers to do the walking, in the absence of a stylus. Just touch and go. Its unique Glide Point Pointing device also makes interaction with your personal companion that much easier.
And as with all Fujitsu PCs, the LifeBook U1010 is packed with a suite of security features that guarantees the confidentiality of your information. Through the Trusted Platform Module support and 2-level BIOS lock, your documents are safe from prying eyes. In addition, the UMPC is equipped with a fingerprint sensor that lets you encrypt sensitive files with a swipe of your finger. No password is more secure than that of your fingerprint!
Busy executives will definitely require a mobile device that has long battery life. The LifeBook U1010 fulfills this need as it runs on the Intel’s latest Ultra Mobile Platform 2007, which has the lowest power consumption for optimised battery life. How is that possible? Well, this stellar performer is installed with the latest UMPC CPU whose Thermal Design Power is up to 80 percent lower than Intel’s current Ultra Low Voltage CPU. In general, U1010’s platform takes up 25 percent less power than the 2006 UMPC platform, giving it battery life that extends beyond most devices. This is definitely sweet music to the ears of entertainment junkies who like spending time on the move watching movies, boogying to the latest tunes or playing games. With the U1010, work and play becomes a seamless transition.
“Fujitsu is constantly redefining the boundaries of technology and with the birth of the LifeBook U1010, we have once again placed ourselves in a distinct niche. By marrying exquisite form factor with powerful functions, our very first tablet-convertible UMPC will create waves in the market. We have not only managed to create a fun product to cater to the leisure side of our consumers, we’ve also added a serious element to it – a mobile workstation for active professionals who are constantly on the move. What more can you ask for? Once you’ve experienced the U1010, you wouldn’t want to let it go!” says Mr David Niu, Product Manager, Fujitsu PC Australia.
To cap things off, Fujitsu remains firmly committed to the promotion of a cleaner environment, implementing the European Union’s Restriction of Hazardous Substances directive (RoHS) across our entire range of products, allowing Fujitsu to stay keenly focused on our customers’ health and well-being, embracing a healthier environment for all.
Product, Pricing and Warranty Summary
Manufacturer: Fujitsu PC
Model: LifeBook U1010
Recommended Retail Price: A$1899
Tel: 1800 288 283
Standard Warranty - 2 year National Wide Pick Up and Return warranty. Parts and labour inclusive.
Intel® Ultra Mobile platform 2007
- Intel® processor A110 (800MHz, 512KB L2 cache, 400MHz FSB)
- Intel® 945GU Express Chipset
- Intel® ICH7U I/O Controller Hub
Genuine Windows VistaTM Business
5.6-inch SuperFine WSVGA, 1024 X 600 pixels, Passive Touch Panel
1 GB DDR2 400MHz
2cells 7.2V 2600mAh up to 3 hours1
Hard Disk Drive
1.8" PATA Ultra DMA 100 (4200rpm), S.M.A.R.T support
Integrated Intel® Graphics with 3D Accelerator
HDAudio Codec ALC262 with Built in Digital Microphone
Bluetooth® v2.0, Raltek 8101L 100Base Ethernet, Super AGTM / Super GTM 3 Wireless connection with dual Antenna, Integrated Camera 0.3 Mega Pixel
Keyboard with Glide Point: 56 keys, 14mm pitch, 1.3mm key stroke
Fingerprint Sensor with vertical scroll functions
1 x Type I/II CF Card slot
1 x Secure Digital (SD) Card Reader
USB 2.0 x 1, VGA (external display) and RJ45 (LAN) via LAN/ VGA adapter connector, Audio-in, Audio-out, Power Adapter DC-in
Quick Launch Panel
2 Programable Application buttons, 2 Programable Down/Up Key buttons, 1 Rotation button, 1 Ctrl+Alt+Del button and 1 FnKey button
User and supervisor BIOS password, Boot Sector Write Prevention, Fingerprint Sensor, Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
171mm (W) x 133mm (D) x 26.5-32.0mm (H)
Input AC100-240V, Output DC16V, 2.5A (40W)
Microsoft Origami Experience Pack, Acronis True Image, Softex OmniPass, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Sun Microsystems Java Runtime, Fujitsu UpdateNavi5, Fujitsu Hardware Diagnostic, Fujitsu Display Manager
Software on CD
1 year Full Licensed Norman Virus Control
VGA / LAN Adapter2
External cable for connection to RJ45 (LAN), VGA (external display)
Portable Slip Case
USB 2.0 x 4, VGA (external display), RJ45 (LAN), Power Adapter DC-in
4cells 7.2V 5200mAh up to 6 hours1
Fujitsu PC Asia Pacific is the Asia Pacific Regional Headquarters for PC business of Fujitsu Limited, Japan. Its responsibilities include the marketing and sales of a wide range of personal computers for the corporate and end-user markets in the Asia Pacific.
Fujitsu PC Asia Pacific pledges “Built-in Confidence” for every product under its brand name to reassure users of product and service excellence. From high performance components to stringent quality control and professional after-sales service, Fujitsu stands for reliability and satisfaction.
Fujitsu is a leading provider of customer-focused IT and communications solutions for the global marketplace. Pace-setting device technologies, highly reliable computing and communications products, and a worldwide corps of systems and services experts uniquely position Fujitsu to deliver comprehensive solutions that open up infinite possibilities for its customers' success. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 5.1 trillion yen (US$43.2 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2007. See www.fujitsu.com for further information.
*As of 16 May 2007, according to Fujitsu’s investigations.
Gap Marketing and Management Pty Ltd
Direct: (02) 9029 7892
Office: (02) 9357 7308
Fax: (02) 9262 9104
Mobile: 0423 038 881
Gap Marketing and Management Pty Ltd is against the sending of unsolicited email. This email was sent with good commercial intentions. If you do not want to receive further emails from us please reply to this email and type "UNSUBSCRIBE" for us to remove your email address for our list. For more information about us please visit www.gapmarketing.com.au; DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by replying to the e-mail containing this attachment.
The above information shows the general technical specifications of the product and does not represent actual configuration. For specific configurations and their availability, please check with your local distributors.
1. Results obtained from BAPCO MobileMark2002 performed on systems with maximum battery life settings. Actual battery life will vary based on screen brightness, sound volume settings, running applications, connected peripherals, power management settings, battery conditioning, and other customer preferences. Built-in bay device or hard drive usage may also have a significant impact on battery life.
2. Please check actual bundling with country local distributor.
3. Super AG™ and Super G™ are trademarks of Atheros® Communications. Super AG™ and Super G™ modes deliver up to 108 Mbps raw data rate with typical end user throughput exceeding 60 Mbps in a wireless network environment where wirelessly connected equipment are using Atheros Super AG™ or Super G™ enabled chipsets.
4. BIOS Lock needs a supervisor/user password to access BIOS setup. BIOS settings can be configured to prompt for password at every first bootup or all bootup sequences. Access to BIOS setup is needed to configure Hard Disk Lock. Hard Disk Lock requires an access key to retrieve data on the hard disk. This is a Data Confidentiality security feature. LifeBook Lock requires a supervisor/user password to bootup the LifeBook when it powers up or resumes last session from suspend/hibernate mode. This is an anti-theft feature with more than 800,000 password combinations using the buttons on the Quick Launch Panel. Anti-theft Lock Slot allows the use of a lock to physically secure the LifeBook. Smartcard slot usage is dependent on customer's solution. Fingerprint sensor uses AuthenTec TruePrint™ Technology and Softex OmniPass to remember customer list of user IDs and passwords. Full security unlock sequence - LifeBook Lock, Bootup Lock (BIOS Lock), Hard Disk Lock, Fingerprint Windows Logon. NOTE: Loss of password requires the LifeBook to be returned to Japan factory for system refresh. Cost of shipment and lost data will be borne by the customer. Backup your user's profile before changing HDD. Without the user's profile associated with a document at the point of encryption, Softex OmniPass cannot decrypt the encrypted document.
5. UpdateNavi is a Fujitsu Proprietary application that updates LifeBook drivers by connecting automatically to Fujitsu’s server. This will help update your LifeBook with the latest software drivers and utilities to ensure compatibility between hardware and software, maintaining smooth operation anytime, anywhere.
It is natural for all thin-film transistor (TFT) liquid crystal displays (LCD) to show a small number of missing or discolored dots. These are commonly known as non-conforming pixels. This is a technology limitation of TFT LCD and does not represent a defect. Fujitsu warranty does not cover limitations in technology such as non-conforming pixels.
Specifications reflected above are engineering and hardware specifications. They do not represent actual usage or operating dimensions, sizes, performances and weights as these are dependent on factors such as operating temperature, type of operating system and application used, connected devices and accessories as well as hardware configurations of the notebook. Please check the compatibility of 3rd party accessories before purchase.