We got a couple of these things in to test. Not that we fall in the category of heavy drinkers but this little gizmo might help to stay on the safe side. Not that you can claim any legality from its readings – that doesn’t stand up in court or with the boys in blue...
Their alcohol testers are calibrated.
This one will give an indication only but it’s fun to use in a pub.Price: $12. 50
As the Efo site says: Breath test is the most effective and scientific way to check up the blood-alcohol. The Personal Alcohol Tester estimates the concentration of alcohol in the body by measuring the amount of alcohol exhaled from the lungs. It is a good indicator for you to consider whether you should drive or not after drinking.
The best motto of course is Don’t Drink and Drive – otherwise you’re a bloody idiot (that’s what the Australian Government says in their advertisements…)
If you use the DDRABT (Digital Dual Readout Alcohol Breath Tester) straight after taking just one sip of beer the alcohol reading goes through the roof already!! The leaflet says to wait 20 mins before taking any readings. Makes sense but it is also sensitive to smoke.
Anyway, the device also has a LED lighted readout display with a clock which probably always will tell you it’s time to go home (if you’re not so drunk that you can’t read it…). It also has a timer alarm (remember you had to wait 20 mins.?) and temperature gauge. So there’s even some usability away from the bar!
- Lighted LED dual readout digital display
- Lighted LCD read time clock with alarm, timer and temperature sensor
- Detection range : 0.00 – 0.19% BAC & 0.0 – 1.0 g/l (for 0.00 – 0.95 mg/l BRAC)
- Display readings in both % BAC& mg/l BRAC
- Caution : 0.02% BAC (0.2 g/l) to 0.05% BAC (0.5 g/l)
- Danger : 0.05% BAC (0.5 g/l) and above
- 3 test display levels with sound indicator
- Quick warm up (less than 10 seconds) and testing response time (less than 5 seconds)
- Auto power off and low power indicator
- No sensor calibration required
- Works with 2 x AAA alkaline batteries (not included)
- CE & RoHS listed
- Alcohol Tester x 1
- English Instruction Manual x 1