Logitech G today unveiled the Logitech G923 Racing Wheel and Pedals, a high performance racing wheel that revolutionises the sim racing experience. Engineered for maximum realism, G923 features TRUEFORCE a new high-definition force feedback system that dials into a game’s physics and audio engine to deliver an ultra-realistic experience.
TRUEFORCE is a proprietary high definition force feedback technology that revolutionises what’s possible in supported racing games. Using actual game physics and audio in real time, it allows players to feel things like the roar of an engine, tire traction, the terrain of the track, and feedback of the steering wheel more than ever before. TRUEFORCE connects directly to in-game engines, processing at up to 4000 times per second to produce next-gen realism and detail in supported games.
Designed for today’s sim racers, the G923 wheel and pedals have been modernised with a brushed metal steering wheel, polished pedals and a leather wheel cover for maximum comfort. In addition, the G923 was designed with a number of new features, including:
- Programmable Dual Clutch Launch Controls – allows racers to get off the line cleaner and faster with a programmable dual-clutch that facilitates maximum traction and minimum smoke.
- Built-In Rev Indicator – built-in coloured LED lights indicate your RPM range, alerting the racer when they’re hitting redline.
- On-Wheel Game Controls – game controls for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5* consoles integrated into the steering wheel for total control at your fingertips.
- Progressive Brake Pedals – featuring a new progressive spring for a more responsive feel, the new brake pedal responsiveness adds more realism and control.
- 24-Point Selection Dial – built in selection dial allows the racer to adjust traction, torque, automatic stability management, brake force and more.
“A great force-feedback racing wheel can be the difference between crossing the finish line first and spinning off the track and not finishing at all,” said McLaren F1 driver Lando Norris. “The new Logitech G923 wheel with TRUEFORCE gives drivers an authentic experience behind the wheel and simulates the details we feel as racing drivers. I can feel if the rear of the car loses grip or if I’m about to spin, which gives me the best chance to quickly correct it, and stay ahead of the competition.”
The Logitech G923 Racing Wheel and Pedals will work with PlayStation 4 and PC when it launches in Australia in August 2020, for a suggested retail price of $799.95. The G923 will also work with PlayStation 5* when the console launches this holiday season.