Long awaited but this looks like the follow-up product of the hugely succesful HD2 phone!
The HTC HD3 will almost certainly be the most feature-packed smartphone ever built, equipped with a massive 4.5″ AMOLED touchscreen, a 1.5GHz Snapdragon processor, an 8-megapixel camera with a dual LED flash, and an HDMI output with support for 1080p HD video playback, 720p HD video recording.
HTC’s HD3 is claimed to be just 10mm thick, will also be one of the first smartphones to run Windows Phone 7 Series, which was first unveiled in February 2010.
Are we just dreaming or is this the real deal?
UPDATE: (2 Sep 2010): It now seems that the HD3 will be renamed HD7 to coincide with the launch of Windows Phone 7…
What’s in a name, eh?
- 4.5″ AMOLED screen with 1280×800 resolution (which Windows Phone 7 Series doesn’t currently support?)
- 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- 1080p HD video playback
- 720p HD video recording
- 8 megapixel camera with dual-LED flash
- Multi-touch screen
- Super-thin – just 10mm
- WiFi, Bluetooth and 3G connectivity
- 4G connectivity for blisteringly fast downloads (over ten times as fast as today’s HSDPA phones)
- 1GB onboard RAM
- 32GB storage (microSD)
- 3.5″ headphone jack
- HDMI output for connecting to your HDTV or monitor
- 1800mAh battery for super-long battery life
- Bigger screen than the HD2, but a smaller overall physical size: 115mm x 65mm x 10mm
I currently own the HTC HD2 which I have been known to describe as a) a monster of a smartphone, b) the best Windows Mobile Phone available and c) the only phone worth having. But if these HTC HD3 rumoured specs turn out to be more than just rumours – then that will all change, and I’d say I’ll be carrying around one of these babies in my pocket.
This looks like it will be one of the hottest phones to be released towards the end of this year!