Welcome to CeBIT! First cab off the rank is the impressively small Viliv N5. According to Tegatech, the N5 completes the productive blend of usablity and portability. Weighing only 360g, you can slip it into any bag or pocket – meaning you have a full keyboard PC on hand at all times!
Read on for our first impressions and full specifications.
Editor’s Note: There are only 6 prototypes in the world of this unit. This is one of them.
While incredibly compact, the N5 is still remarkably easy to use. Looking at the specs (see below), we’re still quite impressed that they have somehow managed to fit all of that into something that size. To save on space, it seems that they have excluded a LAN port and VGA but external docking USB stations will compensate for this. One would have to ask themselves though – with the whole idea being portability, how often would we use these features?
Prices (while not yet confirmed) are expected to be below the $1000 mark.Shipping dates will be released in approximately a month, available from the Tegatech website.
Specifications are as follows:
- Intel Atom Processor Z520(1.33Ghz)
- Windows XP Home/ Windows 7 Starter
- 4.8" WSVGA (1024×600) with Single Resistive Touch Screen
- 16GB/ 32GB SSD
- 1GB DDR2 SDRAM 533hZ
- WiFi IEEE 802.11b/g
- Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
- HSPA/TD-SCDMA/ EVDO/ WiMax Connectivity options
- GPS (optional)
- 1.3M Pixel Camera (optional)
- Optical Mouse
- 1 USB Host, 1 USB Link (Data transfer, Optional)
- Micro-SD, Headphone-out, Mic, Stereo Speakers
- QWERTY keyboard – 63 keys total (Function 34 keys)
- Up to 5 hours battery life
- 172(w)x 86(H)x 25(T)mm
- 6.77(W) x 3.38(H) x 0.98(T) inch
- Weight: 360g/ 0.81lb (pounds)