Amazon launches their most affordable Gigabit router to date, the eero 6+.
I have recently reviewed the eero Pro 6 which was really the bee’s knees except for the price. The eero 6+ is looking to make it much more wallet friendly.
“Since eero’s beginning a little over eight years ago, we have had a vision to provide every home around the world with wifi that just works,” said Nick Weaver, Co-Founder and CEO of eero. “Wifi has changed a lot since then, and we’ve worked hard to expand our portfolio and make our easy-to-use, fast, secure, and reliable whole-home wifi systems more accessible and affordable for everyone. With the introduction of eero 6+ alongside our existing eero 6 series devices in Australia, we’re taking a big step in delivering our highest performing and most affordable wifi systems for everyone.”
eero 6+, the latest dual-band offering from eero is ideal for internet service plans up to a gigabit and offers coverage for over 75 devices simultaneously. Each device has 2 x 1.0 GbE ports for gigabit wired connectivity and also provides access to the 160 MHz radio channel for faster wireless connectivity than prior eero dual-band offerings. A single eero 6+ covers up to 140 m2; and a 3-pack covers up to 460 m2 .
Additional eero 6 Series Features and Benefits
All eero 6 series devices work with an existing internet service plan and offer several features to unlock your wifi’s potential, including:
- Easy to set up. Setting up your new eero takes just minutes with in-app instructions. Simply unplug your old router and connect your eero router to your modem. Sign in to the app, and you’re ready to go—no expertise required.
- TrueMesh. All eero devices use patented eero TrueMesh networking technology to intelligently route network traffic to reduce congestion, buffering, and drop-offs, so you can stream in 4K, play games, and video conference with ease.
- Easy to manage your network. You can use the eero app to manage your network, pause the internet, share your network with friends or guests, and more—whether you’re at home or on the go.
- Frustration-Free Setup. After linking your eero account with your Amazon account, enabled devices instantly join the network and stay connected when you change your network name or password.
- Seamlessly manage your smart home. Featuring a built-in Zigbee smart home hub, all eero 6 series devices can connect compatible smart home devices on your network with Alexa, so you don’t need a separate Zigbee hub. eero 6 devices can also act as a Thread border router to provide interoperability with Matter-certified devices.
- Safe and secure wifi. eero is constantly working to help keep your network safe and secure. Automatic software updates provide the latest security patches, bug fixes, and feature upgrades. With eero Secure+, you can add advanced online security features and parental controls, along with three top-rated security apps: 1Password for password management, Malwarebytes for malware protection, and Encrypt.me for VPN.
- Free customer support. Our expert wifi troubleshooters are ready to help by phone or email seven days per week for the life of your eero devices.
Pricing and Availability
eero 6 series devices are available at eero.com, Amazon.com, and leading retailers. eero 6+ is now available for $249AUD (1-pack) and $599AUD (3-pack). For advanced online security, eero Secure+ is available for $15.99 per month, or $159.99 annually.
The new eero 6+ will be available to customers from May 5 via Amazon.com.au, JB Hi-Fi (instore and online).