Can you believe Street Fighter has turned 35? Not the movie with Kylie Minogue and Ming-na Wen, but the game itself. Street Fighter is one of the world’s most iconic and best-selling gaming franchises.
The Skullcandy x Street Fighter PLYR Multi-Platform Wireless Gaming Headset celebrates Street Fighter’s 35th anniversary by blending state-of-the-art audio technology with the signature stylings of fan-favourite Street Fighter II.
“For many gamers, there are few franchises more iconic than global powerhouse Street Fighter,” said Derek Steiner, Director of Global Partnerships at Skullcandy. “In honour of the game’s 35th anniversary, we re-designed our all-new flagship PLYR headset to ooze Street Fighter nostalgia. This exclusive drop gives gamers premium features and the immersive sound you can only get from Skullcandy — now, in signature Street Fighter style.”
The limited-edition Skullcandy x Street Fighter PLYR headset is loaded with nods to the classic game. The stand-up arcade cabinet’s unforgettable grey and black pebble texture is a clear staple, while custom ear cup illustrations are brought to life with a lenticular effect, resulting in low-tech, high-impact “motion graphics.” Every detail — right down to the headband fasteners modelled after the original arcade action buttons — was considered.
Skullcandy x Street Fighter PLYR Multi-Platform Wireless Gaming Headset
- BlueTooth 5.2 Wireless Technology – Enables enhanced power management and stronger connectivity to bluetooth-enabled media and gaming devices
- Skullcandy Supreme Sound – Unique audio-tuning process enables users to maximise the depth and detail of each sound
- Enhanced Sound Perception – A hearing test tunes audio levels to match user’s unique hearing needs
- Advanced Audio Controls via Skullcandy Software – Compatible with both mobile app and PC software to unlock advanced features and customise button functions
- Clear Voice Smart Mic – AI-based technology removes unwanted background noise to enable crystal-clear communications
- Mute & Volume Control – Easy-to-reach, on-board controls enable gamers to quickly mute and adjust volume without gameplay interference
- Adjustable Suspension Headband – Reduces pressure on top of the head for true, all-day comfort
- Up to 24 Hours of Battery Life + Rapid Charge – Headset will charge when connected to select gaming devices via USB-A to USB-C
- Built-In Tile Finding Technology – If the headset is misplaced, simply ‘ring’ it from the Tile app
- Skull-HQ Software – Available for both PC and Mobile App
- Ultra-Low Latency Wireless Transmitter (sold separately) – Available early 2023, the wireless transmitter will enable low latency wireless connection to PlayStation console and PC.
The limited-edition drop is available for pre-order at skullcandy.com.au for $249.95.