Sony announces two new native 4K Silicon X-tal Reflective Display (SXRD) laser home projectors. It features the world’s smallest native 4K SXRD 0.61 inch panel in a compact chassis design.
Powered by Sony’s “X1 Ultimate for projector”, the best-in-class picture processor that is based on technology used for BRAVIA® TV series and optimised for projectors, this processor enables unique features like Dynamic HDR Enhancer and Object-based Super Resolution to create expanded dynamic range and extreme clarity heightening the viewing experience.
The new projectors features a new wide dynamic range optics in combination with TRILUMINOUS PRO deliver an unmatched 4K HDR experience on the large screen.
The VPL-XW7000ES is Sony’s powerful new Native 4K HDR laser model with 3,200lm of dazzling brightness and Live Colour Enhancer which provides exceptionally high-quality picture performance and vivid images even in bright living spaces, making it the perfect companion for immersing in films, sports and games. This model also features a new 70mm diameter Advanced Crisp Focused (ACF) lens with aspherical front element and floating focus system that delivers extreme clarity so every detail can be experienced on the large screen.
The VPL-XW5000ES addition to Sony’s Home projector line-up is a 2,000lm laser model which delivers higher contrast and resolution with a 30% reduction in power consumption per lumen, as well as object-based HDR remastering for powerful real-time picture processing. The XW series, over a billion colours are brought to life by TRILUMINOS PRO with 95% DCI-P3 Colour Gamut.
“We have been delivering the highest quality projectors for our customers to enjoy immersive entertainment experiences for 50 years this year, and our Native 4K SXRD projectors have been market leading in providing these experiences for over a decade,” said Anna Tan, Home Cinema Product Manager for Sony Professional Displays & Solutions. “We are so excited to bring the world’s most compact and high brightness laser projectors to our customers, with a sophisticated new design that blends with many home environments and enables more flexibility for use in dedicated rooms as well as media or living rooms with ambient lighting. These new models show our continued commitment to developing products that provide extraordinary viewing experiences whilst delivering more value to the consumer with each generation“.
Compared to the VPL-VW790ES, the VPL-XW7000ES is 20% smaller in size and 30% lighter in weight, the VPL-XW5000ES is 30% smaller in size and 35% lighter in weight making it the most compact Native 4K HDR laser home projector in the world. The sophisticated compact design blends in various type of rooms in the house.
As with the model’s predecessors, these new projectors also feature input lag reduction mode which dramatically improves the performance of the display reaction speed to ensure gamers can enjoy the best possible experience alongside the breathtakingly detailed image quality they have come to expect. The new XW range supports 2K 120Hz input with 13ms input lag.
The VPL-XW7000ES and VPL-XW5000ES models will replace all existing 4K SXRD lamp, 4K SXRD Ultra Short Throw laser and 4K SXRD laser Home Cinema projectors (excl. the GTZ380 which will stay in the line-up).
VPL-XW7000ES & VPL-XW5000ES Common features
- World’s smallest Native 4K SXRD 0.61-inch panel – both models offer 3,840 x 2,160 4K resolution images with 8.3 million pixels for an incredibly lifelike picture. With rich, inky blacks as well as clear cinematic motion and image smoothness, these projectors can reproduce breath-taking colours with more tones and textures than a standard projector system.
- Wide dynamic range optics – high contrast and high resolution deliver the finest immersive viewing experiences with the new wide dynamic range optics. Within the new Native 4K SXRD panel, a reflective silicon layer provides better light control for precisely delivered shadows and blacks and improves light durability and reflectance.
- Dynamic HDR Enhancer – due to the processing power of the X1™Ultimate for projector, the contrast in combination with the new laser output control on both models is further enhanced, making the HDR bright scenes brighter and the dark scenes darker. Newly launched object based HDR remaster allows for more powerful real-time picture processing that analyses objects of each frame and makes for unmatched HDR imagery for any contents.
Key features for XW7000ES
- Advanced Crisp Focus (ACF) lens – crystal clear clarity across the entire screen with a 70mm aspherical front lens providing a wider 4K-level focus area so you see more of the picture, a floating focus system that delivers a higher stable image performance from corner to corner without distortion from short to long throw distance and extra low dispersion glass to reproduce the crisp image without colour deviation.
- Live Colour Enhancer – the newly developed ‘Live Colour Enhancer’ which provides more vivid and vibrant images without compromising on saturation where needed i.e. skin colour.
Reducing our environmental impact
At Sony we are passionate about reducing our impact on the environment and the new XW range boasts a whole host of sustainable actions taken without compromising on chic style, cutting-edge technology, and affordable price.
Compared to its predecessor the VPL-VW790, the plastic used to encase the VPL-XW7000 has reduced by 30% and its packaging materials reduced by 15%. The VPL-XW5000 is packed with a mighty 2,000lm but its power consumption is reduced by 30%. Both models are built with a mercury free laser light source.
The new XW series reinforces Sony’s commitment to delivering powerful immersive experiences for its customers and sits alongside its ever-expanding range of displays.
Available from mid-June 2022, the VPL-XW7000ES in black only has a RRP of AUD$25,499 (NZD$26,499). The VPL-XW5000ES is available in Black or White, with a RRP of AUD$9,999 (NZD$10,499).