We’ve had our run-ins with laptop coolers and with notebooks that were too hot to touch after some use. These coolers take many shapes and forms and have a built quality that runs from a typical throw-away item to something like the Ninja HS Adjustable Notebook Cooler, which is probably the top-of-the-line in this genre.
Let’s have a quick look at what is in essence a simple product.
The design of the Ninja HS is unlike any I’ve seen: ultra-modern, lightweight yet sturdy with adjustable fans. It can accommodate any notebook between 12 and 17 inch. My ASUS N61J is about 17” and fits perfectly. The angle for typing is much more natural too. One of the great benefits is the extra USB ports as I’m continually swapping devices. My notebook does have good cooling already but the two fans can be adjusted to be positioned directly over any hot zone for maximum effect. They are also practically noiseless at less than 20 dBA. The black aluminium also helps in dissipating heat. VIZO have used the minimum amount of materials in the construction of this cooler so you might say they adhere to the green design principles.
Finally, the roller design also allows for easy sliding on your desk if you want to reposition the notebook.
An awesome, good-looking accessory for any notebook user. It’s probably more suited for desk use than for on your lap or travelling (even though the parts can be easily taken apart) but at around $60 it’s not bad for something that can help extend the life of your laptop immeasurably. Overheating is one of the main reasons for an early demise of notebooks.
The Ninja HS is a very stylish and useful accessory and the fact that it has been around for some years already in unchanged format, testifies to a great design.
We’ll be reviewing the VIZO Traveler ES, which is a SATA HDD upgrade kit, followed by the SPEEDUP Express Card, in the next instalments.
• Green Design : Less material use, Ease of use with a minimum of steps, Efficient
• 350 mm long for most widescreen notebook PC
• Aluminum casing for excellent heat dissipation
• Adjustable positions for fans : Dual fans can be moved up and down / right and left according to the hot zone of your notebook PC
• Patented easy-slide system and unique tool free design provides stability and simple adjustability
• Dual ultra quiet cooling fans provide the maximum airflow and air pressure
• Powered by USB, no adapter required under low power consumption
• Compact, space saving, light weight
• Ergonomic designed angle for easy typing
• Bottom roller design for convenient movement
• Built-in 3 USB 2.0 ports for easy expansion
• Dimensions :350 x 291 x 62 mm
• Housing Material :Aluminum + plastic
• USB Bus Power :5V/500 mA
• DC Fan Dimensions : 70 x 70 x 15 mm ( 2 pcs )
• Bearing Type : Sleeve Bearing
• Speed : 2000 RPM
• Noise Level <20 dBA
• Max Air Flow : 13.72 ( Min:11.22) CFM
• Rated Voltage : DC 5 V
• Rated Current : 0.24 A
• Compatibility : 12″~17″ Widescreen Notebook PC
• Weight : 620 g
• Notebook Cooler
• USB Cable