Privacy / Terms & Conditions
Your privacy is important to us
Digital Reviews Network (DRN) will not sell, give, trade, rent or barter your private information to others under any circumstance.
We will not supply your private information to others except where we:
- may be required to do so under Australian law (e.g. by Court Order or by law enforcement agencies under statutory or other powers);
- are trying to prevent abuse of DRN or DRN’s systems (e.g. such as if we are being DOSed, DDOSed, or if a user is abusing or threatening users and/or moderators);
- are of the reasonable view that DRN is being used for the furtherance of crimes against persons or property;
- are acting to identify sources of spam, malicious behaviour or identity theft.
We continually strive to maintain the security of your private information both offline and online. The term “information” includes your ‘real’ email address, your IP address and any other supplied registration details which we have identified as private.
Actions which forfeit this Policy
In the event of legal threats or other threats made against DRN or its editors, the person(s) responsible for those threats is deemed to forfeit any rights to privacy in relation to those threats. We reserve the right to retransmit the threat and any associated material to any third party. We also reserve the right to publish the threat and associated material.
In the event we receive an offer of bribery, quid pro quo, or any other form of incentive to influence moderation or editorial decisions, the person(s) responsible for those communications is deemed to forfeit any rights to privacy in relation to those communications. We reserve the right to retransmit the communications and any associated material to any third party. We also reserve the right to publish the communications and associated material.
What information do we gather?
All the information we gather is stored by DRN in a secure and separate area, and never shared with anyone, except where it might be required by Australian law (by Court Order or Police Warrant), or to prevent abuse of DRN or DRN’s systems.
We use a feature of your browser called a “cookie” to help implement many critical features of our site. Cookies, by themselves, cannot be used to find out your identity or the identities of any of our users. It can only return information that we already have.
Why do we gather information?
DRN aims to provide you with better services and more compelling reasons to come back and visit our site. The information you provide us with can personalise your experience, and help us provide information you are interested in receiving. We analyse what our users and customers like and don’t like about the content, so that we can constantly improve them for your use.
Who can see information about me?
Only DRN’s Editor-in-Chief or the webmaster can see privileged information about users such as IP addresses, etc.
Will DRN ever send me unsolicited email?
While we would love to say never, the truth is that we may occasionally send you an email if:
- there is significant security ramifications in relation to DRN and you;
- when a user voluntarily participate in a survey or online form requiring email validation (e.g. competition or giveaway).
Can you send me contact details for a specific user?