Osmo makes award-winning hands-on learning STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics) games for ages 3 to 12, in which players use objects in the real world to interact with the digital world shown on their iPad or Fire tablets. The games are geared toward embodied learning, meaning the games teach abstract concepts by connecting them to objects and actions in the physical world.
COVID lockdowns have many of us reluctantly step up to the plate as pseudo-teachers. The move to at-home and remote learning has seen families shift how they support their children’s education than pre-pandemic. Whether you are a father, mother, or just involved in raising children in this challenging environment, DRN have partnered up with Osmo to give away some swag to make it more fun.
We have an Osmo Starter Kit to send to TWO lucky readers – one for you and one for your friend! And, not only that, but you each will get to choose from the three options listed on this page, so you can get the kit that works for you!
If you want to win, we have a simple little competition.
And that’s it! Both of you will be in the draw to win one each!
Entries will close on 12 September 2021, 2359 hours Australian Eastern Standard Time. Terms and conditions apply (down the bottom of this page).
Winner will be drawn and announced within the week on the site and published via socials.
What prizes are on offer?
Little Genius Starter Kit | RRP $79
Your child’s first Osmo, designed to take kids aged 3–5 on a hands-on learning adventure. There are four hands-on games to engage preschoolers in core subjects. Open-ended game play encourages creativity — and fun Osmo characters build a love for learning! Spark your child’s imaginations, learn critical skills, and have a blast.
- Build letters with squishy, colorful Sticks & Rings. Playful practice for pre-readers.
- Learn over 300 words through this playful adventure with Mo the Monster.
- Gain confidence in letter recognition, vocabulary, construction, and phonics.
- Create anything you want using Sticks & Rings and then watch them come alive!
- Develop cognitive, creative, social and emotional skills with our game pieces designed for little hands.
- Foster creativity and pre-drawing skills, through this fun-filled exploration.
- Experiment with clothes and colors to make party outfits. Then watch characters react!
- Foster spatial reasoning, creativity and fine motor skills, plus have a blast dressing characters for a party.
- Discover age-appropriate expressions related to colour and emotions.
- Mix and match costumes to find silly solutions to obstacles and navigate adventures.
- Benefit from hands-on play and gain confidence with encouraging guidance from Mo the Monster.
- Use creativity, critical thinking and problem solving skills to find solutions and get instant feedback.
Genius Starter Kit | RRP $99
Kids learn by doing, so each game uses physical action. Whether it’s arranging tangrams, zooming number tiles around, or even freehand drawing, Osmo sees and reacts to every real-live move. The Genius Starter Kit is a great entry to the Osmo universe, it includes everything your kids aged 6 to 10 need to experience hands-on learning and digital fun in five different ways.
- A timeless game reinvented using a fully interactive video experience.
- Playing Tangram is a great way to exercise spatial and visual problem-solving skills. Start thinking with shapes!
- Arrange physical tangram pieces to match on-screen puzzles. Animals, spaceships, people and more — there’s so much to create!
- The more people the merrier. Words is fun to play alone, but also has modes for playing with friends and family.
- Learn how to spell 1000+ words included with the game and master pronunciation with a read-aloud feature.
- Have a great idea for a Words album? If so, you can create and share it with our community at myOsmo!
- Physics meets creative problem solving. Guide falling on-screen balls into targeted zones.
- 60 levels of fun. As you progress, Newton will challenge you bouncing balls, accelerating platforms and fans!
- Play with anything and everything. Start with a pen and paper, but also try objects like Osmo Tangram pieces or toys.
- Take a picture of anything and Masterpiece will transform it into simple outlines so you can draw it to perfection.
- Learn tangible skills while having fun. Kids can combine their love of technology and drawing, while learning useful skills.
- When your drawing is done, you can share an awesome time-lapsed video of your work!
- Real-time feedback lets kids learn through experimentation in a stress-free environment.
- When kids get the idea that there are multiple good ways to solve a problem, math becomes creative and fun.
- Advance math skills across five different modes: counting, addition, concatenation, multiplication, and subtraction. Designed to engage and challenge kids of all ages.
Coding Starter Kit | RRP $99
Designed for ages 5 to 10, the Coding Starter Kit transforms your tablet into a hands-on coding adventure. It builds coding skills in progression with 3 hands-on learning games. Watch your child learn to code as they connect colorful blocks of code in the physical world to chart the adventure on their screen.
Coding Awbie (Basic concepts)
- String together commands to guide Awbie on an epic strawbie-munching adventure.
- Explore 35+ levels including green forests, spooky caves, jungles, sunny beaches, a snowy mountain, and even a volcano!
- Build problem-solving and logic skills while learning the basic concepts of coding!
Coding Jam (Intermediate)
- Arrange coding blocks in patterns and loops to compose your own music.
- Comes with 24 characters and over 300 musical sounds to produce your perfect song.
- Kids can safely record and share their music with friends, family and the Jam community.
Coding Duo (Advanced)
- Solve advanced side-by-side puzzles solo or with a friend for double the fun and challenge.
- Watch our strawbie-loving Awbie and friendly monster Mo work together to overcome brain-stretching challenges.
- One player codes for Awbie and the other codes for Mo, collaboration and strategy pave the way to success!
Obligatory terms and conditions below:
- Each prize is of the value listed above. Not exchangeable or redeemable for currency. While we want to give everyone something, we only have the two prizes to give away.
- This is purely a game of chance. A valid entry requires both you and your friend to like/follow our Facebook page.
- Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are not a sponsor or in any way involved with this giveaway. Following on said social media platforms is awesome, though.
- Entry limited to readers residing in Australia and New Zealand only at the time of the draw.
- Any taxes and duties, in the case that you’re the winner, arising from shipping are on you. (Hey this just a standard clause, the prize will be shipped from Sydney.)
- Winners will be announced as soon as we’ve heard from them – we reserve the right to announce their name here and on social media.
- If said randomly selected winners does not reply within 3 business days, a re-draw will occur and former incumbent winner will likely be sad they didn’t get in touch.
- We have to share your contact details with our prize partner for the purposes of sending out said prizes.
- DRN editors and immediate families are excluded from the giveaway. Sorry boys and girls.
- No bribes accepted but feel free to share a dram of good whisky any time, any day.
- Go forth, have fun, share the love, be kind to each other.