Hot on the heels of the Amazon Echo Show 10 launch in Australia, the brethren have arrived in the forms of the Echo Show 5 and Echo Show 8.
DRN has recently reviewed the Echo Show 10 and is enjoying the convenience in the kitchen.
Echo Show is the fastest-growing family of Echo devices and the new models all feature more powerful cameras for better video calling, alongside new ways to enhance your Alexa experience.
Echo Show 8 | $199
With a focus on communication and entertainment, features include:
- A powerful 13-megapixel camera, with a built in shutter, which automatically pans and zooms while you’re on video calls so everyone stays centred in frame
- A vibrant 8-inch HD screen with adaptive colour and dual stereo speakers for an immersive entertainment experience from services including Netflix, Prime Video, ABC iView, Apple Music, Amazon Music and Spotify
Echo Show 5 | $119
This customer favourite comes at a new, even lower, price point and features:
- A compact, 5.5 inch display to easily add Alexa to any room in the house
- Three colour options – Charcoal, Glacier White and Deep Sea Blue – to blend into your home décor
- An upgraded HD camera with built-in camera shutter – perfect for a quick video call to Echo devices with a screen or the Alexa app, or to Drop In on the kitchen to see if dinner is ready—all you have to do is ask Alexa
With both devices, you can control your compatible smart home devices by voice; or if a loved one is asleep, through touch and can also securely access a live feed of the camera through another Echo Show device, or the Alexa app.
Built with privacy in mind, Echo Show devices are all designed with multiple layers of privacy protection, including microphone and camera controls, and the ability to view and delete your voice recordings. All new generation devices also come with built-in shutters to cover the camera.
Echo Show 8 for $199 and Echo Show 5 for $119 are available for pre-order on amazon.com.au and will begin shipping to customers later this month.