Purpose-built for custom and low-to-medium volume direct-to-garment (DTG) and direct-to-film (DTFilm) imaging is the Epson SureColor F1060. The SC-F1060 is a hybrid printer that addresses the rise of businesses looking to provide customised goods and t-shirts. The unit features an enclosed design with interior lighting and a clear viewing window to enhance the printing process.
As a logical addition to its SureColor F-Series printer line-up, the SC-F1060 has been designed to open new doors for event operators, clothing retailers, print-for-pay providers and artisans.
Combining easy operation and flexible performance in one space saving package, the SC-F1060 is designed to provide a solution for retail and event environments.
Delivering professional image quality in a cost-effective package, it also offers an excellent solution for designers, creatives and merchandise manufacturers.
Epson Australia business marketing manager, professional print solutions Gordon Kerr explained, “DTG has traditionally been the home of professional producers and high volume ‘back-office’ manufacturers and solutions have been relatively large, complex and expensive. Epson has taken the best of its DTG technology and distilled it into a compact, cost-effective and flexible solution that is easy-to-use and easy-to-maintain. It is ideal for the modern retail environment where product needs to be fresh, timely and individualised.”
Integrated DTG and DTFilm support allows operators to go beyond traditional natural-fibre t-shirt printing. Imaging onto film enables transfer onto a wide variety of materials, including man-made fabric and uniquely shaped items, further expanding the ability to create customised product offerings.
Featuring a PrecisionCore MicroTFP printhead with Nozzle Verification Technology and next generation UltraChrome DG2 ink with CMYK+White, the SureColor F1060 delivers vibrant colour with incredible detail and consistent output.
The inclusion of white ink prints enables output on dark garments along with enhanced presentation on light garments. The combination of the Epson ink, Epson head and Epson imaging technology enables outstanding clarity with near photographic print quality. The cartridge-free ink-pack system simplifies operation while enhancing productivity, reducing waste and mess.
The SC-F1060 features a large touch screen interface, fully automatic garment height adjustment and a self-cleaning print head for easy production with minimal maintenance. It ships complete with software and supports fabric up to one-inch thick.
Gordon Kerr concluded, “The SureColor F1060 offers new opportunities for entrepreneurs and businesses, giving them the ability deliver quality product in the right format, at the time and place where the customer is in an optimal buying mood.”
Additional SureColor F1060 features include
- Elegant, compact design – Inspired by award-winning designers the unit is designed to sit ‘front-office’
- Intuitive touchscreen menu – Features large icons and animated instructions for user-friendly navigation
- Low maintenance – Automated fabric head wiper, 250ml ink pack supply system and simple replaceable maintenance tank
- Flexible operation – USB, Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Epson Garment Creator 2 software – Compatible with Windows® and macOS®, this intuitive software features fast processing and high-resolution processing for exceptionally detailed and vibrant prints
- Epson Cloud Solution PORT– Provides live production monitoring, reporting and job cost accounting (requires Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection)
- Reliable and Durable Design – Supplied with a comprehensive on-site 1-year warranty, optional comprehensive CoverPlus extension up to 5 years subject to PORT activation.
Availability and pricing
The SureColor F1060 is expected to start shipping in June/July 2024. Full specifications and pricing will be confirmed in May.