D-Link has been a little quiet on the mesh system front, but they have not been sitting idle. Today D-Link A/NZ launches their new COVR AX next-generation AX1800 Dual Band Seamless Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Systems consisting of the COVR-X1873 (3-Pack), COVR-X1872 (2-Pack) and the COVR-X1870 (Individual Router / Add-On COVR Point). Built on the back of the award-winning COVR Series, D-Link’s next-generation COVR AX solutions bring with them the very latest Wi-Fi 6 technology, giving you a quantum leap in the capacity, speed, and range you need to handle all your Wi-Fi demands.
The COVR-X1873 is powered by three AX1800 Wi-Fi 6 COVR Points seamlessly working together and is the ideal solution for filling a medium to large sized home up to 740 square metres with complete Wi-Fi coverage.
For homes such as studios up to medium-sized homes, the COVR-X1870 and COVR-X1872 provide a great way to start your whole-home mesh network and still gives you the added comfort of expanding when and if the need arises. By adding on an additional COVR-X1870, or even a 2 or 3-Pack if need be, D-Link’s COVR AX solutions allows you to customise and expand your network to match your home, providing you lag-free, super-fast, whole-home Wi-Fi.
The COVR AX Series features WPA3, the latest version of the Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) protocol that encrypts user data and protects wireless networks from outside threats. WPA3 includes the latest technology to verify authentication and secure your devices’ connections while further protecting your wireless network from malicious attacks.
The COVR range eliminates the issues that come with multiple networks as there’s just one wireless network name (or SSID) for your entire home, no matter where you are. You’ll never have to remember usernames and passwords for different networks in your home again.
Another part of the COVR AX Series’ appeal is the way it reduces buffering and lag by using D-Link’s Smart Steering technology to automatically direct your device to the optimum wireless band, based on your current network traffic. This means smooth Wi-Fi delivery for every device in the home, no matter how old or new it is, with no more frustrating interruptions within your wireless network.
Combine this with Smart Roaming which keeps you constantly connected to the strongest signal even as you move from room to room, eliminating that annoying and frustrating cycle of disconnecting and reconnecting to different networks. COVR AX gives you one seamless network with no dropouts, all across your home.
COVR AX also provides you with the ability to use Ethernet cabling as your homes’ backhaul connectivity if you have Ethernet installed already, providing an even more flexible solution.
Finally the setup process for the COVR AX Series is as simple and straightforward as you expect from D-Link devices, allowing you to enjoy a quick and easy installation via the free D-Link Wi-Fi app. On top of this, the new COVR AX Series also supports and easily integrates with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa for ultra-convenient hands-free voice control.
Key features of the COVR AX range:
- Wi-Fi 6 technology provides faster speeds, greater capacity and less network congestion
- Speeds up to 1.8 Gbps (574 + 1200) to cater for the needs of the modern smart home
- Coverage up to 740 sqm for the 3-Pack
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide optional wired connectivity (per unit)
- D-Link Wi-Fi Mesh offers one unified network experiences that auto connects you to the strongest signal
- OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology communicate more data to more devices while simultaneously reducing latency
- BSS colouring helps organise data packets, making your network more efficient and improving Wi-Fi 6 performance
- Increased battery life of connected devices with Target Wake Time (TWT) technology
- Supports the latest WPA3™ encryption
- Built-in Speedtest® powered by Ookla®
- Voice Control for an even easier home Wi-Fi networking experience
- COVR-X1873 (3-Pack) – AUD$549.95, NZ$599.99
- COVR-X1872 (2-Pack) – AUD399.95, NZ$499.99
- COVR-X1870 (Router/ Add-On Point) – AUD$249.95, NZ$279.99
DRN has been big fans of the COVR series, having reviewed the COVR1000 and COVR2000 series in 2020. We are looking forward to reviewing the latest addition to the family. Stay tuned.