Fujifilm has launched its new FP-Z8000 Projector, joining the line-up of the Z Series of ultra-short throw projectors equipped with the world’s first folded two-axial rotatable lens. The Z8000 is a high-brightness projector capable of projecting images in 8000 lumens (lm) of brightness. Its class-leading compact and lightweight design accommodates installation in a wide variety of conditions. Images can be projected at various directions without having to move the main unit. Its ability to throw large images from a close-up distance enables spatial presentation that makes effective use of limited space.
Fujifilm entered into the projector market in 2019 with the launch of the ultra-short throw FUJIFILM PROJECTOR Z5000 (FP-Z5000), equipped with a “folded two-axial rotatable lens” to project images to various directions without having to move the main unit. In last July, the company developed the FP-Z8000, which inherits main features of the FP-Z5000 but delivers images in 8000lm of brightness.
Projectors are used in a wide variety of situations including offices and educational institutions. In recent years, opportunities have expanded to include projectors in digital signage at commercial facilities, product presentation at corporate showrooms and artwork presentation at art galleries and museums. These have increased the needs for incorporating projectors to make effective use of limited space for effective advertising and utilise ceilings and floors for spatial presentation.
Since the announcement on the development of the FP-Z8000, it has won strong praise for its capability to broaden the scope of spatial presentation due to its minimal constraint for installation and throw clearly visible images even in bright locations.
Fujifilm is tapping into its advanced optical technology to develop and supply projectors with minimal installation limitations, thereby contributing to the creation of versatile spatial presentations at commercial facilities, art galleries and museums.
Key highlights and features of the FP-Z8000
- The FP-Z8000 adopts a high-transmittance lens and a laser light source to deliver bright 8000lm images. It can project vivid high-contrast images even when used for digital signage in brightly-lit commercial facilities.
- The optimum layout of components inside the main body enables a class-leading compact (W460mm x D510mm x H162.5mm) and lightweight (weighing approximately 18.4kg) design. It can be positioned vertically or horizontally to enable spatial presentation that makes effective use of otherwise wasted space.
- The use of the “folded two-axial rotatable lens” means the projector can throw images in various directions without having to move the main unit.
- The projector’s ultra-short throw lens projects dynamic 100-inch images from a close-up distance of 72cm.
- The projector supports zero-offset projection, eliminating the offset that occurs in conventional mirror-system ultra-short throw projectors to allow maximum use of projection surfaces in spatial presentation.
- The use of a large-diameter aspherical lens element delivers the class-leading Lens Shift function of up to 70% vertically and 35% horizontally. The function makes it easy to shift the position of projected images across a wide range without having to change the location of the main unit or direction of the lens. Furthermore, its 1.1x optical zoom capability means the size of projected images can be adjusted easily. This optical zoom capability can be combined with the Lens Shift function to enable efficient image adjustments.
- It utilises a warping function which corrects distortion caused when projecting images on a curved surface, enabling spatial presentation on curved walls.
- When up to four FP‑Z8000 projectors are used in combination to project a single larger image, Edge Blending function helps adjusts the joins. Images thrown by the projectors can be naturally stitched together to produce dynamic images on a massive screen.
- The projector offers interfaces including HDMI that supports 4K signal input as well as DisplayPort and 3G-SDI to accommodate the development of versatile systems.
The FP-Z8000 is available now for an RRP of AUD$32,950 by contacting Simon Murphy at FUJIFILM Australia at email@example.com.