The Arlo ecosystem of home security products and services is wildly popular, yours truly runs one and based on my recommendation, so does a few of my immediate family group. The latest addition is the all-new Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell.
Arlo has taken the award-winning features of its popular Wired Video Doorbell , and put it into an easy-to-install, wire-free, battery-powered design. Taking a step further than the conventional video doorbells, it features an industry-leading, 180-degree viewing angle with a square, 1:1 aspect ratio ensures users can see packages on the ground or visitors from head-to-toe on their mobile devices. HD video resolution combined with direct-to-mobile video calls, clear, two-way audio and personalised alerts, allow users to quickly reply to guests or take action.
The feature I am most excited about is the head-to-toe view, it will provide the ability to assess the person at the door before you decide to open your door.
Like the latest new releases from Arlo, the Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell is able to connect directly to WiFi without requiring the base station. It can be powered by its rechargeable battery or be hardwired for continuous charging.
“In today’s world, having a smart video doorbell at your front door is more valuable than ever,” said Brad Little, Vice President & Managing Director APAC. “Unlike other video doorbells that can lag in response time, our new Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell leverages the latest hardware and software advancements for swift, comprehensive monitoring. Industry-leading picture and audio quality combined with our AI-based subscription service, Arlo Smart, enable complete front door protection. Users can receive smart notifications and secure, simple access via the Arlo App, allowing them to quickly and easily live stream or respond to guests.”
Direct-to-mobile video calls, clear, two-way audio and pre-recorded quick-reply messages all enable convenient, in-the-moment communication with visitors. Traditionally, video doorbells require users to take multiple steps to view and respond to guests once receiving a notification, causing delays where a user could easily miss their visitor. The Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell solves this problem by sending a live, HD video call right to the user’s smartphone once the doorbell is pressed, enabling them to quickly take action by deploying a response.
Features of the all-new Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell include:
- 180° Viewing Angle: Optimised for the front door with a 1:1 aspect ratio so you can see a person from head to toe or a package on the ground
- Direct-to-Mobile Video Call: Calls your phone directly so you never miss a visitor
- Multiple Powering Options: Install without wires using the rechargeable battery, or hardwire to existing wiring for continuous charging
- Motion Detection and Alerts: Receive alerts when motion is detected
- Angle Mount: Easily adjust viewing angle to fully and clearly see visitors
- 2-Way Audio: Hear what matters with clear, noise-cancelling audio
- More Ways to Answer: Quick Reply Messages enable users to play pre-recorded messages for instant response to guests
- Visitor Messaging: Guests can leave you a voice message if you’re unable to answer the door, and you can listen remotely at your convenience
- HD Video with HDR: Capture vivid detail in bright and dark areas with HDR
- Night Vision: See who’s at your door at night, even without a light on
- Weather Resistant: Designed to withstand heat, cold, rain or sun
- Platform Compatibility: Works with Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT for easy interaction, automation, and control
- Direct to WiFi: Connects directly to WiFi for simple setup allowing it to function as a standalone home security solution without the need for a separate base station
- Built-In Smart Siren: Trigger your siren automatically or manually from the Arlo app during an event
- Silent Mode: Temporarily disable incoming calls, Arlo Chime melodies, and/or traditional chime rings
- Notifications that Matter: Get alerts when your Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell spots people, vehicles, animals or a package with Arlo Smart via an included three-
month trial with rolling 30-day cloud recordings
The Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell has a RRP of AUD$329, and will be available at leading electrical retailers nationally in the middle of December 2020.
The purchase of an Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell unlocks a complimentary three- month trial to Arlo’s AI subscription-based service, Arlo Smart. Users will receive access to 30- days of rolling HD video recordings to store and view video clips. Notification settings can be adjusted, enabling Arlo Smart subscribers to fully customise their experience to spot people, vehicles, animals or packages. Controlled entirely through the Arlo app, users can easily view live streams and recordings, adjust their camera settings or access cloud recordings.