Fitbit’s most advanced fitness and health tracker, the Fitbit Charge 5, is now available for pre-order in Australia. The Charge 5 has a range of workout tracking modes, plus on-board GPS for monitoring your runs, bike rides and walks without the need to carry your phone.
The Fitbit Charge 5 is the latest to follow the “Biologic Industrial Design Language” that defines the Sense, Versa3, Inspire 2 and Luxe. The Charge 5 has rounded edges, smoothness and subtle colours that takes their cue from nature. The stainless steel case sits flush with a silicone Infinity Band and has trimmed down by 10% from the predecessor.
The more noticeable change is the colour AMOLED display, a big change from the black and white of the Charge 4. It also features an ambient light sensor which automatically adjusts the screen to suit your current lighting conditions. If you prefer, it has an always-on mode to make it just that much easier to check your stats at a glance.
The Fitbit Charge 5 comes included with a six-month Premium membership for new or returning customers. There is a renewed focus on giving information that is best for you, such as:
- Health Metrics Dashboard – Track changes in your well-being that gives a view of your trends and changes from the past month.
- Daily Readiness – Optimise your routine with a score using insights from your body so you can decide if you are ready to work out or prioritise recovery.
- Mindfulness Tools – Improve mental well-being, relax and unwind with a library of sleep sounds and guided mediations
- Sleep Tools – Uncover new opportunities to improve your night with a Sleep Score breakdown.
- Guided Video & Audio Workouts – An ever-growing collection of fresh workout options, mix fun and fitness by playing games and challenges.
Key features of Fitbit Charge 5
- On-wrist EDA scan app mindfulness session to help measure your body’s response to stress
- See how your exercise routine, mindfulness practice and sleep contribute to your Stress Management Score
- Track your real-time pace and distance using the built-in GPS, phone free
- SmartTrack will automatically recognise and record your activity when you forget to start one of 20 exercise modes
- Use the Charge 5 to make contactless purchases on the go, phone and wallet free
- Get a better understanding of your sleep quality with a daily Sleep Score
- Keep an eye of your heart health with a compatible ECG app
- Track nightly skin temperature variation to spot changes from your baseline that may be caused by environmental changes
- Active Zone Minutes using your heart rate to guide you towards your desire intensity level
- Be gently woken up at your optimal sleep stage with a quiet vibration on your wrist
- Up to 7-day battery life
The Fitbit Charge 5 comes in a choice of black / graphite stainless steel, lunar white / soft gold stainless steel or steel blue / platinum stainless steel, and is available online at Fitbit.com and select retailers including JB H-Fi, Harvey Norman, Amazon, Officeworks, The Good Guys, Bing Lee and Big W.
As always there are plenty of optional accessories to make your Fitbit Charge 5 your own.
Fitbit Premium content updates
Fitbit content partnership with Calm, the #1 App for Sleep, Meditation & Relaxation, is now available in-app for Fitbit Premium members, providing users access to 30 curated pieces of sleep and stress-reducing Calm content. Fitbit Sense users will be also able to see the effect a Calm session has on their heart rate and EDA responses via a guided session.
Snore & Noise Detect is now available to Sense and Versa 3 users. To help users better understand their sleeping environments, the microphone on their Sense or Versa 3 samples sound every few seconds to monitor snoring and ambient noise levels when sleeping. The experience provides a sound analysis, so users can discover what might be disrupting their sleep and causing awakenings or restlessness. Per a series of binding commitments, we will not use Fitbit users’ health and wellness data from this feature or other experiences for Google ads, and this data will be separated from other Google ad data.