Sony’s new URX-P41D two-channel portable receiver with support for Multi Interface (MI) shoe and Digital Audio Interface.
The Sony URX-P41D boasts all the key features included in the fourth Generation UWP-D Series, such as improved high sound quality from Digital Audio Processing, NFC Sync for quick and easy set-up from Receiver to Transmitter and functions such as Auto Gain mode and Output level control, making the job of recording sound even easier.
As part of the market leading UWP-D Series, the URX-P41D will work with all UWP-D transmitters with backwards compatible with previous generations and will be available as a stand-alone receiver and as part of a new kit, the UWP-D27, which will include two UTX-B40 Bodypack Transmitter.
The URX-P41D is ideal for many users ranging from broadcast and news productions, to run and gun style interviews, or documentaries and series productions, using Sony’s XDCAM camcorders and Alpha interchangeable lens cameras.
Key new features include
Digital audio interface to improve sound quality
- Sony’s Digital Audio Processing, which uses DSP (digital signal processing) for digital companding, improves sound quality by optimizing a time-constant range between the transmitter and receiver, making the reproduction of sound more accurate. It provides superb transient response performance which for interview style recording means the audio is clear and crisp.
- Using the SMAD-P5 MI shoe adaptor enables direct digital audio recording and delivers high sound quality with low noise by skipping the D/A and A/D process. This interface is compatible with a wide range of Sony’s XDCAM camcorders and Alpha interchangeable lens cameras.* It also integrates seamlessly with Sony’s camcorders and displays audio information on the viewfinder for enhanced usability in the field.
“NFC SYNC” function to allow quick and easy channel setting
- Simple and quick channel setting for reliable RF transmission when time pressure is high is becoming crucial. Delivering enhanced usability, the unique “NFC SYNC” feature is designed for easy and fast frequency setting. By simply holding the NFC SYNC button on the receiver for a few seconds, it automatically scans the appropriate frequency. Thereafter, just touching the receiver to the transmitter will sync the channel for optimum speed and efficiency.
Compact form factor, with improved ergonomics
- By reducing the size of the receiver from previous generations, the URX-P41D can sit on top of the camera or ILC attached to the MI shoe or cold shoe allowing for improved balance on the camera
External Microphone Input and Three-channel mixing function
- The External Microphone Input for an additional wired microphone widens the sound capture options. Three-channel audio recording is available by using a Sony’s lavalier microphone through the external microphone input. Furthermore, four-channel audio recording is also possible when using a stereo microphone through the external microphone input.
Stable RF reception
- The URX-P41D can reduce interruptions in reception (RF signal dropout), by utilizing a space diversity reception system, which achieves highly stable reception because of its two receiving antennas. The angle of the antennas on the portable receiver can also be adjusted, which helps to further eliminate signal dropout.
Functions to improve performance when on location
- Auto gain mode and Output level control brings the user peace of mind that the audio levels are correct when out in the field. Auto gain will help to prevent any unwanted distortion and Output level control (when using XLR cable) allows the user to increase the output level where necessary.